[Live-devel] MP3 streaming problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 15 02:26:37 PDT 2016

> We based our streamer server using testOnDemandRTSPServer.
> We subclassed FramedSource (AudioFramedSource) and
> OnDemandServerMediaSubsession (AudioServerMediaSubsession)
>
> In this AudioServerMediaSubsession class we return
> MPEG1or2AudioStreamFramer in createNewStreamSource method and
> MPEG1or2AudioRTPSink in createNewRTPSink method

This looks good - but are you sure that your MP3 audio source is OK?  I.e., I suggest that you first output your MP3 audio source (from your encoder) to a file, and make sure that you can play that file OK (e.g., using VLC).  Then, I suggest making sure that you can stream this file (using “testOnDemandRTSPServer” and/or the “LIVE555 Media Server”).

> Is there some example of how to use MP3ADU from memory live source?

There’s code in “MP3AudioFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp” that should help you here.  Be aware, however, that very few RTSP clients will implement the MP3ADU RTP payload format; VLC is the only one that I know of.