[Live-devel] Fwd: MP3 streaming problem

Ignacio Barreto ignacio at radixcast.com
Thu Apr 14 12:48:54 PDT 2016

Hi, we're developing an audio streamer server from a live source.
The source audio is encoded by FFMpeg and its type is
AV_SAMPLE_FMT_S16P (planar audio 16 bits signed) and the codec is MP3.

We based our streamer server using testOnDemandRTSPServer.
We subclassed FramedSource (AudioFramedSource) and
OnDemandServerMediaSubsession (AudioServerMediaSubsession)

In this AudioServerMediaSubsession class we return
MPEG1or2AudioStreamFramer in createNewStreamSource method and
MPEG1or2AudioRTPSink in createNewRTPSink method

In order to test this implementation we used FFPlay and VLC as the
client, we connected to the audio stream and the result is similar to
what it is described in http://www.live555.com/rtp-mp3/

Is there some example of how to use MP3ADU from memory live source?
Or maybe it's another problem in the source code

Thanks,
Ignacio Barreto