[Live-devel] MP3 streaming problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 20 13:51:47 PDT 2016

> I copy below two links of the test which I have done. Maybe you have a better idea of what kind of mistake we are doing.
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0rFtoVWa4g0VWFNb3luYUhoMmM/view?usp=sharing
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0rFtoVWa4g0MzZDLXFjUEZFdW8/view?usp=sharing

OK, but do you have the names of these files backwards?  It’s the “test1_withVideo.mp3” file that plays perfectly, but the “test2_withoutVideo.mp3” file that plays badly (it’s missing MP3 frames).  I presume (based on your earlier emails) that the file names should be the other way round??

In any case, I’m pretty sure that the problem arises from the way that you are *capturing* your MP3 audio, not in the way that you are *streaming* it.  You can easily test this by modifying your “FramedSource” subclass - for capturing MP3 audio - to write the encoded MP3 audio data into a separate file at the same time that you are copying it to the downstream LIVE555 object.  Then try playing this file.