[Live-devel] strange behavior with Android 5.0 lollipop media player

Ben Rush ben at ben-rush.net
Wed Apr 20 13:53:59 PDT 2016

Thanks for the response.

Well, the rabbit hole got deeper as I actually hard coded (as a hack,
obviously) the SR reports to always report 0 for the octet and packet
count. That did nothing. So my theory was proven to be incorrect. I'm going
to update the server code and try that.

We're talking with clients now and seeing if we can either get them to
update their phones to a later version of Android or use different phones.
At a certain point we have to conclude it's probably the fact the phones
are kind of crappy (and they are).

Thanks for your help. If I stumble across something I'll let you know and
respond on this thread.

Cheers mate.