[Live-devel] Smaller MTU

Ayuso, Fermin Fermin.Ayuso at FLIR.com
Thu Apr 21 06:22:11 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I need some help.

I have a RTSP Server implementation working ok, based on testOnDemandRTSPServer.
Now, I want to apply this implementation in a network that has an smaller MTU than the standard one(MTU:1300).
Live555 is very smart, so the packets throw through this network are splitted in two parts, that's perfect, but the second packet is small and causes that network has to deal with more packets.
In order to reduce the number of packets which my server sends through the net, I want to tell Live555 to reduce the size of the packets to fit into the smaller MTU.

I read that I can change it in MultiFramedRTPSink, but I don't use this class in my code, so changing setPacketSizes doesn't seem to change anything.

How can I do that?

Thanks for all.

Notice to recipient: This email is meant for only the intended recipient of the transmission, and may be a communication privileged by law, subject to export control restrictions or that otherwise contains proprietary information. If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and then destroy it and do not review, disclose, copy or distribute it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.