[Live-devel] Smaller MTU

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 21 12:04:21 PDT 2016

Looking at this a little more, I realized that while the “setPacketSizes()” mechanism works OK if you want to change the MTU for a particular “MultiFramedRTPSink” object, it’s a very clunky approach if you want to do this for *all* “MultiFramedRTPSink” objects, which is what Fermin Ayuso was looking for.

Therefore, I have just installed a new version (2016.04.21) of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” software that makes this easier.  If you wish, you can define the compile-time constants (i.e, macros) RTP_PAYLOAD_MAX_SIZE and (optionally) RTP_PAYLOAD_PREFERRED_SIZE when compiling the file “MultiFramedRTPSink.cpp”

So, using this new version of the code, Fermin Ayuso can get his desired result by modifying his Makefile to compile the “MultiFramedRTPSink.cpp” file with
	-DRTP_PAYLOAD_MAX_SIZE=1300