[Live-devel] A possible minor bug in RTSPClient::handleResponseBytes()

Yaobing Deng yaobing at jriver.com
Sat Aug 6 07:47:01 PDT 2016

Hi Ross,

While trying to use Live555 RTSPClient for a Sat>IP client, I noticed a
possible bug inside RTSTClient::handleResponseBytes() function.  The
problem code is in this line:

else if (checkForHeader(lineStart, "com.ses.streamID:", 16,
headerParamsStr)) {

Here the number of bytes 16 should be 17 (length of "com.ses.streamID:",
including the ':' character).  Subsequent hack of using pointer
headerParamsStr+1, instead of headerParamsStr, allows the program to
avoid putting the ':' in the URL, but it still puts a space in it
("stream= 3", instead of "stream=3", not sure if it maters).

I believe the number should be 17, and headerParamsStr+1 should be
changed to headerParamsStr in the lines below it.

Yaobing