[Live-devel] How to check runtime rtspclient connection stop when IP camrea disconnect

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Feb 11 15:12:48 PST 2016

>   I am reading ip camera frame through testrtspclient.exe program. But testrtspclient.exe is running ,that time I disconnect IP camera or remove Ethernet connection.
> So testrtspclient program is traversing in SingleStep() loop .
> So how to check runtime rtsp client failure condition

I think you mean “runtime RTSP *server* failure” here…

> and i break doEventLoop and stop program..

There’s no way (in any application-level code) to detect *immediately* when a server fails or when an Ethernet cable gets disconnected, because the TCP connection (for RTSP) can remain in existence (from the client’s point of view) long after this happens.

What you *can* do, however, is have the client periodically (e.g., every 1 second or so) check how many packets have been received.  If you ever find that the number of received packets has not changed (since the last time that you checked), then you know that the server has stopped transmitting.

Note, for example, how we implement the “-D <maximum-inter-packet-gap>” option in our “openRTSP” RTSP client application; see
	http://live555.com/openRTSP/#playing-time