[Live-devel] playSIP crashed after getting 200 OK for invite

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 15 13:47:48 PST 2016

> 1. What is different between OnDemandServerMediaSubsession and ServerMediaSubsession classes?

“ServerMediaSubsession” is an abstract base class.  It is used by a RTSP server to describe each piece of media that it streams.  “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession” is a (concrete) subclass of “ServerMediaSubsession”.  It is used to stream a particular piece of media to one or more RTSP clients, each via unicast RTP.

> 2. What is different between RTPSink and SimpleRTPSink classes?

“RTPSink” is an abstract base class, used to represent a destination (unicast or multicast) for RTP streaming.  “SimpleRTPSink” is a (concrete) subclass of “RTPSink”.  It is used to implement many simple RTP payload formats (that do not include any media-specific headers or fragmentation).

> 3. Can I play/stream a wav file with g729 codec, which testProgram does this ? (so far I am successful with g711 (alaw/uLaw) and AMR )

*In principle* you could use the “LIVE555 Media Server” (for streaming via unicast), or “testWAVAudioStreamer” (for streaming via multicast).  *However*, our code currently doesn’t support streaming from a G.729 WAV file - in part because I’ve never seen such a file.  So, if you could point me at such a file (put it on a publicly-accessible web server, and send me the URL), I’ll download it and see if our code can be updated to stream files like this.

We currently do not support recording into a WAV file.  However, if you run the “openRTSP” RTSP client application - http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/ - you will get a ‘raw’ audio file.  If you were to ‘prepend’ an appropriate WAV audio header to this file, you should get a WAV file that you can play.