[Live-devel] Need help: malware detected on "live555MediaSever.exe"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 29 05:56:05 PDT 2016

I’ll look into this; however, right now I’m not convinced that this 'virus report' is correct - i.e., it might be a ‘false positive’.

For now at least, I’ve removed the Windows binary link from our web page.  (There’s a possibility that this removal might be permanent.  I don’t have much tolerance for Windows anymore; here in Silicon Valley almost nobody uses it anymore - especially not for running servers.)

In the meantime you can download and build the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code (including the “LIVE555 Media Server”) from source code: http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/

Or alternatively, run the server on a Mac OS, FreeBSD, or Linux machine.