[Live-devel] Need advice on best way to proceed.

Ben Rush ben at ben-rush.net
Wed Jun 1 12:09:17 PDT 2016

We have built a RTSP streaming server using Live555's server libraries:

RTSPServer* rtspServer = RTSPServer::createNew(*usageEnvironment,
StreamingOptions::PortNumber, NULL);

And so on. Works like a charm and we're very happy with it. What we're
needing now is a solution for two-way audio, meaning we have a camera
viewing a room and we'd like a person in the room and the person viewing
the room to be able to talk with one another. To reduce overhead we'd like
to enable the audio to be duplex, so it shares the same channel (much like
VOIP). I'm quite certain but I thought I'd ask: there's no support for this
in RTSP and therefore no support for duplex audio in Live555's server
libraries, correct?