[Live-devel] matroska audio/L16 support

PROMONET Michel michel.promonet at thalesgroup.com
Thu Mar 24 06:48:59 PDT 2016

Hi Ross,

I am trying to stream MKV with live555MediaServer and it works well with H264 and audio/AAC.
But I would like to stream PCM audio.
In order to stream MKV with an audio track with codec identifier "A_PCM/INT/BIG", I made small modifications describe in the attached diff on live.2016.03.16.tar.gz.
It accepts the matroska codec identifier A_PCM/INT/BIG as audio/L16 RTP payload, and create a SimpleRTPSink for it.

I made tests with a file build with the ffmpeg command :
    ffmpeg -i in.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec pcm_s16be out.mkv
Then live555MediaServer could serve it.

Do you think this is correct ?

Thanks for your great support.

Best Regards,