[Live-devel] Live555 Proxy Server - Stuck in endless loop

Erik Montnemery erik at montnemery.com
Fri Mar 25 23:36:01 PDT 2016

> OK, I still can’t quite figure out what’s going wrong here, but I think I’m getting closer.  I’ve just installed a new version (2016.03.16) of the code that adds some extra checking,
> and some more ‘internal error’ debugging fprintf()s.  Please run this new version, and let me know if you see any more “INTERNAL ERROR” messages.
OK, I've upgraded to this version.

> Which suggests that the back-end server itself is not sending any data.  This may be a problem with your back-end server
I've now confirmed this to be the case, thanks!

What would be a good way to modify the proxy server such that:
1. The connection to a proxied server is torn down and setup again if
the server is not sending any data
2. The connection to a proxied server is torn down and setup again if
there is a mismatch between "Session" expected by the proxy server and
what is sent in responses from the server

> So this ‘back-end’ server happens to also be using our code - but a very old version (that is therefore known to be buggy).  Is this back-end server something that you control?
> If so, you should upgrade it to use the latest version of our software.
> Note that if the server is a product (e.g., part of a network camera that you own) then - under the terms of the LGPL - the manufacturer is obligated to let you update the LIVE555 library code that it uses.
> If you are unable to upgrade the LIVE555 library on this ‘back-end’ server, then please let me know, and I’ll try to get in touch with the manufacturer, reminding them of their legal obligations.
It's a Xiaomi Yi Home camera.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be sourcecode available for the
RTSP server running on the camera.