[Live-devel] Live555 Proxy Server - Stuck in endless loop

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Mar 26 02:10:13 PDT 2016

> What would be a good way to modify the proxy server such that:
> 1. The connection to a proxied server is torn down and setup again if
> the server is not sending any data
> 2. The connection to a proxied server is torn down and setup again if
> there is a mismatch between "Session" expected by the proxy server and
> what is sent in responses from the server

I’m really not interested in making any more changes to the proxy server code (apart from legitimate bug fixes), because it’s already complex enough (& has not resulted in any significant additional revenue coming into this company).  But if this is something that you want to hack in your own copy of the code, then look at the code in lines 788-790 for how we handle a RTCP “BYE” from the server by tearing down & reestablishing a connection to the ‘back end’ server.

> It's a Xiaomi Yi Home camera.
> Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be sourcecode available for the
> RTSP server running on the camera.

Nonetheless, there might be a firmware upgrade available; see
	http://www.xiaoyi.com/en/support/home/
	http://www.xiaoyi.com/home/firmware/index_us.html?version=1.8.5.1N_201601071352

I’ll also be in touch with ‘Xiaomi’, reminding them of their obligations under the LGPL; they - like all products that use our code - MUST provide their customers a way to replace old versions of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code with the latest version.