[Live-devel] How framerate is passing to rtsp client

Paweł Domagalski pawel.domagalski at mobica.com
Thu Mar 31 05:24:05 PDT 2016

Hi all,*
*

*Problem:*

In my case, bit stream coming from h264 encoder which is feed by live
camera. Bitstream is sending by live555 library using RTSP protocol.
RTSP packets are received by one of rtsp client like vlc player( the
most important), totem player, mplayer. I need to know how to set lower
framerate because my camera produces 9 fps but most of RTSP clients are
expecting in default 25 fps and it cause that video stream is not played
properly ( buffered, dropping late packets etc.).

I am using testOnDemandRTSPServer example code from live555. I have
wrote my implementation of DeviceSource class. I have set presentation
time properly:

|gettimeofday(&fPresentationTime, NULL); fDurationInMicroseconds = 1100000; |

Sequence Parameter Set NAL also contains proper timing infos:

|timing_info_present_flag : 1 num_units_in_tick : 1001 time_scale : 9000
fixed_frame_rate_flag : 1|

According to
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2010-August/012504.html
I have added to RTSP Header framerate param:

|a=framerate:9.0|

Unfortunately it doesn't help. I have thought that video player will be
calmly waiting for new frame and framerate will be correlated with
frequency of receiving another RTP packets (another NALs).

*Question:*

I would like to know how frame rate is read from bit stream (or
evaluated) by RTSP client (playback software). Where this informations
are stored and how are sending to playback software?

*More infos:*
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36332455/how-frame-rate-is-calculated-or-read-from-h264-bitstream-sending-through-rtsp-pr

Best regards

--
Paweł Domagalski
Software Engineer

Mobica is a provider of innovative, cutting-edge software engineering, testing and consultancy services. Based in the UK, Poland, the USA and Mexico, Mobica has a worldwide customer base and a proven track record in delivering complex solutions to global leaders in a range of sectors including automotive, mobile, semiconductor, finance, TV & broadcasting, telecommunications, connected devices, marine and aviation.

Mobica Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number 05169596 and VAT registered number 845117630. Our registered office is at Crown House, Manchester Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1BH, UK.

This message is intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.