[Live-devel] Problem with H264VideoRTPSink to VLC

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun May 29 22:01:19 PDT 2016

Your problem, I think, is that “H264VideoRTPSink” requires a “H264VideoStreamFramer” (or a “H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer”) as input.  But that’s not happening if you try to feed the output of “openRTSP”  (a raw H.264 video stream) into a “H264VideoRTPSink”.

However, a much better way to do what you are trying to do (relay a RTSP stream to VLC) is to use our “LIVE555 Proxy Server”
	http://www.live555.com/proxyServer/
And have VLC access the relayed stream using a “rtsp://“ URL (not a non-standard “rtp:” URL).

Alternatively, of course, you could just have VLC play the stream from the IP camera directly (using its “rtsp://“ URL), without doing any relaying.