[Live-devel] RTSP Server grey frames

Lukáš Neumann neumann at onspace.cz
Fri Nov 4 04:10:22 PDT 2016

Hello,

We try to use live555 testOnDemandRTSPServer example with some modification to stream "low-latency" live video together with hardware HEVC encoder. Almost everything works fine inside the local network and we are able to playback video via VLC player. However, our goal is to transmit video over mobile network (4G/LTE) which is not always one hundred percent stable. According to measurements there is about 0,01% dropped frames from all requested frames by using RTP over UDP protocol.

We try to find a cause and solution how to minimize/eliminate corrupted grey frames inside the video (please see recorded video via VLC from receiver side - https://onspace.sharefile.com/d-se5f5fbe387e4ecc8). I think number of this grey frames don't fit with number of dropped frames.

Any advice will help us.

Thank you.

Lukas