[Live-devel] Publish RTP/RTCP to Wowza using RTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 9 13:08:05 PST 2016

Alex,

We do not support the model whereby a data source ‘pushes’ media into a RTSP server (something that’s excessively complex, and non-standard).  Instead, we support a (much simpler) model whereby a RTSP server can act as a ‘proxy’ for another RTSP stream (e.g., the stream from a network camera).  In fact, we have an ‘off the shelf’ proxy server application:
	http://live555.com/proxyServer/
that you can use.

Note, in particular, the description (on that web page) of the “-R” command-line option ("Proxying one or more 'advertised' back-end streams”).  This can be useful if your data source is in a private network (i.e., behind a NAT).  For more information about this, see
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2015-July/019529.html