[Live-devel] Streaming from two fifos

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 23 06:02:15 PDT 2016

> I'm working on rtsp server on embedded device using live555. H264 encoder
> writes data to fifo and then live555 streams this data. I use
> testOnDemandRTSPServer test prog with H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession.
> With one fifo everything is fine, but when there are two h264 streams and two
> fifos it stucks, streams are in separate rstp server sessions. Encoding of h264
> channels is single threaded (event loop), as I know, reading in the live555 is
> done in the same way and no blocking should be.
> Maybe someone knows how to make it work. Thanks in advance.

Anton,

If you have managed to stream from a single FIFO OK (without blocking), then you should be able to stream from two (or more) FIFOs as well.  I presume that you have written your own “FramedSource” subclass that encapsulates a FIFO (so that each new instance of this class creates a new FIFO).  Just implement the “createNewStreamSource()” virtual function (in your “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession” subclass) so that it creates a new instance of your ‘FIFO’ class each time.