[Live-devel] Receive RTP Audio over TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Apr 3 11:12:22 PDT 2017

Whoa!  You’re getting ahead of yourself here.

Before we begin, you’re going to have to say a lot more about how you’re doing your streaming - in particular, how you are implementing your server (transmitter), and how you’re implementing your client (receiver).

In particular:
    1/ Is your server implemented using our software?  Does it have a built-in RTSP server?  If not, then why not?
    2/ Does your client (which you say will be implemented using our software) use RTSP - i.e., does it have a RTSP client?  If not, then why not?

The reason I ask about using RTSP is that - if you use it - then streaming RTP-over-TCP becomes trivial.

(Also, as a general rule, developers should not need to look at the implementation (“.cpp” files) of LIVE555 classes; only at the interface (“.hh” files).)