[Live-devel] Receive RTP Audio over TCP

Anton Parkhomenko pa.dev at datalink.ua
Tue Apr 4 01:07:22 PDT 2017

Hi, Ross, thanks for quick response.

In general, I don't need RTSP for receiving audio. My ipcam has RTSP server
with two audio/video subsessions and needs some interface to output sound,
just to play all incoming data (in current implementation).

So I started from this topic http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/
2012-September/015923.html and made working example. Now I need TCP.
I didn't find examples with pure RTP-over-TCP and figured out that I should get
it from RTSPClient implementation.

Answers for your questions:

1. Server is Android application and it doesn't use live555 library, it sends
RTP packets, not RTSP.
RTP packet:
4 bytes (RFC 2326, section 10.12) + 12 bytes (header) + 160 byte (payload,
G711)

2. Client uses live555 library, receives and decodes RTP using subclass of
MediaSink with SimpleRTPSource.