[Live-devel] Receive RTP Audio over TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 4 01:55:50 PDT 2017

> In general, I don't need RTSP for receiving audio.

Strictly speaking, you might not ‘need’ RTSP, but it would make your life a *lot* easier (especially if you want to stream RTP/RTCP-over-TCP).  It *might* be possible to use our software to receive RTP/RTCP-over-TCP without using RTSP, but I’ve never done it, and I’m not going to spend any effort figuring out (and then explaining to you) how that might be done.  If you want any help from me, you’re going to have to use RTSP.  Sorry.

> My ipcam has RTSP server
> with two audio/video subsessions and needs some interface to output sound,
> just to play all incoming data (in current implementation).

Because your IP camera already has a RTSP server, then why not just use it?  I.e., you could just use our “openRTSP” application
	(see http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/ )
and run
	openRTSP -a -t rtsp://URL
to receive the audio stream (only) over TCP, which will then be output to ‘standard output’ (which you could redirect to a file, or to some decoding application).