[Live-devel] How to implement upload multiple audio streaming to rtsp server?

Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com
Wed Apr 5 01:05:01 PDT 2017

Hi Ross,

We are working on uploading audio streaming to rtsp server.
Server receive the audio data via MultiFramedRTPSource and put data into our WAVSpeakerSink.

We combine WAVAudioFileSource and WAVSpeakerSink to do some test, it works well.
(We refer the sample code, MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer.cpp)
We can run multiply program to play music at the same time.

Next thing, we put WAVSpeakerSink into rtsp server.
We porting the reading data flow from client.
(We refer this, https://github.com/xuebao555/live555_backchannel)

If we only have one client to upload audio streaming, server works well.
But
Case1:
We upload one audio streaming and then use vlc to play rtsp.
The upload audio streaming will be silent. Looks like there is not any audio upload task on scheduler.
From the client, we can make sure the data are still uploading, no interrupted.

Case2:
If we upload 2 audio streaming, sometimes, one of them will be silent.
The silent one did not receive any rtcp update, then drop the connection.
We check the code, the source did not have the fDurationInMicroseconds to control when next task come.
So, we use following code to delay the next task.

int bt = 1000000 / (16000hz * 2byte * 2channel);
nextTask() = envir().taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask(frameSize(1280) * bt,
            (TaskFunc*)sendNext, this);

But, it is not working for us.
So, my question is do you have any suggestion about this?
We are struggling on this. Please help. Thanks a lot.

This electronic mail transmission is intended only for the named recipient. It contains information which may be privileged,confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication by anyone other than the recipient or the recipient's agent is strictly prohibited. If this electronic mail transmission is received in error, Please notify us immediately and delete the message and all attachments of it from your computer system. Thank you for your cooperation.