[Live-devel] How to implement upload multiple audio streaming to rtsp server?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 12 23:38:53 PDT 2017

> We would like to ask a question about schedule. Thanks.
> We use following flow to receive data from client.
> MultiFramedRTPSource —> WAVFileSink
> If we run one client to upload audio stream, we can receive correct data.
> If we run two clients to upload audio stream. First one will be blocking.
> Second one write data into file. When second one done, first one start writing data to file.
> I print out the task from BasicTaskScheduler/select, looks like it always pick same client(second) to handle.
> My question is how to let both work together, not always pick one client to handle?

“BasicTaskScheduler” will select and handle packets on all sockets on which ‘background read handling’ has been requested.  Also, it will alternate through all of the readable sockets (so that one socket cannot ‘starve out’ the others).  Therefore, if your scheduler is never handling a socket, then that means that either (1) there are no incoming packets for that socket, or (2) ‘background read handling’ was not requested for that socket.