[Live-devel] live555 question

McLachlan, Donald (IC) donald.mclachlan at canada.ca
Wed Apr 26 11:35:47 PDT 2017

That is all excellent news.  In the mean time I've done 2 tests.

1) ./testOnDemandRTSPServer <-> ./openRTSP -Q -F test.ts.ts.out rtsp://<IPADDRESS:8554/mpeg2TransportStreamTest

And I saw the QoS stats.

2) ./testMPEG2TransportStreamer <-> ./testRTSPClient rtsp://<IPADDRESS>:8554/mpeg2TransportStreamTest

And saw there was no '!' after the printouts of the presentation times.  From this I understand the client/server are RTCP-synchronized.

I've been told that currently the plan is for "core" -> "UE" data path only.
Server and client will be able to synchronise via NTP  via the control channel.
But there will be no reverse channel at all, so RTSP connection will not happen.
It is not clear to me whether one achieve something similar using the TestMPEG2TransportStreamer -> TestMPEG2TransportReceiver.
?