[Live-devel] live555 question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 26 11:44:05 PDT 2017

> But there will be no reverse channel at all, so RTSP connection will not happen.
> It is not clear to me whether one achieve something similar using the TestMPEG2TransportStreamer -> TestMPEG2TransportReceiver.

Yes, you can do this.  “testMPEG2TransportStreamer” -> “testMPEG2TransportReceiver” doesn’t need to use RTSP (although it could if you want) because (1) you already know the RTP media type (MPEG Transport Stream Data), and (2) you already know the receiver’s port numbers (for RTP and RTCP).

And at the receiver end, you can still use “RTPReceptionStats” - in the same way that “openRTSP” does to implement its “-Q” option.