[Live-devel] Frame drop in TCP mode

Subbarao venkata.subbarao at manipal.net
Tue Dec 5 02:17:10 PST 2017

Hi,

I have implemented a dual H.264 stream application using Live555
library. While Streaming in TCP mode for dual streams(primary stream at
3Mbps and secondary at 512Kbps), I see frame drops every few seconds for
primary stream.

I have confirmed that the frames are generated at proper interval and
given to RTSP frame source. Can somebody suggest how to debug the issue
? I feel that gdb may not help in debugging these kind of issues. Any
tips may help me to debug issue.

Attached the source except main application that I added on top of
Live555 library. Here FrameQueue is the class which queues the frames as
received from the Encoding source.

I have found that StreamSource::deliverFrame() is fetching all frames
from the FrameQueue. It looks like somewhere after function call
FramedSource::afterGetting(this) frame is getting dropped.

Hope the code will help you to guide me in debugging.

Thanks,
Subbarao