[Live-devel] WebRTC

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 6 00:44:41 PST 2017

> On Dec 5, 2017, at 2:32 AM, Bala Krishna <bala.k at cubical.in> wrote:
>
> Dear sir/Madam,
>

> I would like to develop an application based on Live555 WebRTC fundamentals. Please do share the required material.

Note that the LIVE555 RTSP->WebRTC proxying demo is currently offline (it’s being updated to handle a recent change in the ‘ffmpeg’ API).

We haven’t decided yet which parts of our WebRTC support will be released as ‘open source’, and when.

At least initially, the WebRTC server release will be a binary server application that people will be able to test on their own (public-facing) networks, to access ‘back-end’ RTSP streams (e.g., from network cameras), and distribute video via WebRTC, as illustrated by our demo.  I don’t yet have an ETA for this, but please continue to follow our ”live-devel" mailing list for announcements about this.