[Live-devel] Need help relaying RTP packets

Mark Woodard mwoodard at mutualink.net
Tue Dec 12 14:42:40 PST 2017

If anyone is interested, here is the resolution of this issue:

So I created a module based on the Live555 sample testRTSPClient. Once I
> was receiving data from server A, I replaced the "DummySink" that it used
> with the BasicUDPSink that the sample testRelay is using, and created its
> output socket on the destination URL that I got from server B. That did not
> seem to work, and I was told that if I wanted to relay RTP packets, I
> should use a sink derived from RTPSink. So I replaced the BasicUDPSink with
> H264VideoRTPSink. That did not seem to work either.

All it was missing was to add an H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer in
setupNextSubsession before calling sendSetupCommand. Now it works like a
charm.

This note in the FAQ led me to the answer (tiny font faithfully
reproduced):
If, however, you are streaming H.264, H.265, or MPEG-4 (or MPEG-2 video
with "B" frames), then you should insert the appropriate "**Discrete*Framer"
filter between your source object and your "*RTPSink" object.

Mark Woodard

Mark Woodard

Mutualink, Inc.
313 S Jupiter
Allen, TX 75002

Toll Free: (866) 957-5465 Ext: 508
Direct: (972) 200-5020
E-Mail: mwoodard at mutualink.net <employeer at mutualink.net>

Web: www.mutualink.net

*Certified by the Department of Homeland Security SAFETY Act for
Interoperable Communications*

The information in this email, and subsequent attachments, may contain
confidential information that is intended solely for the attention and use
of the named addressee(s). This message or any part thereof must not be
disclosed, copied, distributed or retained by any person without
authorization from the addressee.

Visit Mutualink at the following social media sites:

<http://www.twitter.com/MutualinkInc>
<http://www.facebook.com/Mutualink>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/mutualink>