[Live-devel] Live555 Proxyserver not working on Android (Nexus5)

Indu Girish indu.girish at gadgeon.com
Wed Dec 13 03:10:41 PST 2017

HI,

We are trying to proxy an RTSP stream from an IP camera using Live555
Proxyserver. In certain mobile devices like Nexus5, it fails to provide the
stream.

Nexus 5, Android 6.0.1, Kernel 3.4.0

In the devices in which it works the server listens on its own IP.
Something like rtsp://192.168.10.1:8554/proxyStream.
But in nexus 5 the URL is rtsp://0.0.0.0:8554/proxyStream.

We have observed that the proxyserver works on devices with kernel version
above 3.10.

We have two Moto E2 devices. One US version (Android 5.1, kernel 3.10) and
another Indian version (Android 5.1, kernel 3.4). Proxyserver works in US
version but not in Indian version.

What may be the reason?

Thanks & Regards,
Indu