[Live-devel] OPUS encoded stream via SimpleRTPSink

Clemens Arth clemens at arth.co.at
Tue Feb 7 14:35:40 PST 2017

> OK, but what if the queue *is* empty?  In this case, you’ll need to (somehow) arrange for the code to get called again in the future, when an OPUS packet becomes available.

Ha, yes, you are completely right ;-)
I took care of this already but did not paste that part of the code.

> One more thing: I recommend that you first test your server using “openRTSP” <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/> as your RTSP client, rather than immediately trying to use a media player (such as VLC).
>
> Run “openRTSP” on your “rtsp://“ URL.  Make sure that you get a non-zero-sized audio file (it should be named something like “AUDIO-OPUS-1”.  Rename it so that it has a “.opus” filename suffix.  You should be able to play this file using VLC.
>
> Once you’ve done this successfully, you should then be able to play your “rtsp://“ URL directly, using VLC.

I did not yet get that to work, but my receiver seems to do the right
thing, so I'll probably set that one up later.

I just have another question. Is there any code snippet in the test
programs that shows how to safely destroy and restart an RTSPClient
and/or RTSPServer without stopping the event loop? Whenever I do
something like Medium::close(rtspServer), the event loop gets a "bad
file descriptor" and crashes.

Best
Clemens