[Live-devel] OPUS encoded stream via SimpleRTPSink

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Feb 19 16:06:14 PST 2017

> I just have another question. Is there any code snippet in the test
> programs that shows how to safely destroy and restart an RTSPClient
> and/or RTSPServer without stopping the event loop? Whenever I do
> something like Medium::close(rtspServer), the event loop gets a "bad
> file descriptor" and crashes.

That’s odd.  “Medium::close()” is supposed to work OK (for both RTSP servers and RTSP clients).  Can you tell us more about your application?  Does it contain just a RTSP server, just a RTSP client, or both a RTSP server and a RTSP client?  And why do you feel you need to keep the process around after you’ve killed a RTSP server and/or RTSP client?  I.e., why don’t you just call “exit(0);”, and start another process?