[Live-devel] monitoring for live555proxy (and others?)

Virginia Hamm liverwurst at owal.io
Wed Feb 15 12:32:28 PST 2017

Has anyone done it? In particular, I want to monitor number of bytes
to/from the source, to/from each client, and number of clients. Ideally
this would be for Prometheus, but any monitoring package that exports stats
over http should be easily modifiable.

If nobody has done it, I'm about to do it (for Prometheus). Ross, any
advice on where to get those statistics from? Also, is there any real value
in keeping track of the rtsp control channel and the kind of commands that
have been sent over it (adding that kind of functionality should be easy,
but no point in doing it if there is no value in it!)

Thanks,

\/-/