[Live-devel] Live555 proxy server RTSP stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 21 21:15:49 PST 2017

> We are using LIve555 proxy server to generate proxy RTSP stream. Its getting generated in format
> rtsp://ipaddress/proxystream-1
>
> Is there any way I can format the RTSP proxy stream so that it will be generated in following format:
> rtsp://[testRTSP]/proxystream-[anyID]
> here [testRTSP] and [anyID] are any text that we will give.

You can use any IP address (or domain name) for “testRTSP”, provided, of course, that it’s the same host as “ipaddress”.

As for the proxy stream name (e.g., "proxystream-[anyID]”) - this is simply the “streamName” parameter in the call to "ProxyServerMediaSession::createNew()”.  (See “live555ProxyServer.cpp”, line 223).