[Live-devel] When streaming RTP over TCP, Live555 Proxy Server sometimes does not reconnect to 'back end' device

Erik Montnemery erik at montnemery.com
Tue Jan 3 06:16:34 PST 2017

> The problem frequently occurs in the following scenarios:
> 1) ProxyRTSPClient::continueAfterLivenessCommand called from within
> the stack frame of SocketDescriptor::tcpReadHandler.
> 2) A client to the proxy server issues PLAY while the connection to the
> 'back end' is being reestablished.
It seems the 2nd issue was already corrected by the change in
RTSPClient.cpp introduced in the 2016.11.28 version of live555.
Ross, does this make sense?

For the 1st issue, I've introduced a change which defers the reset of
the ProxyRTSPClient as
a scheduled task and it solves the problem for me. Is this a
reasonable change and would you accept a patch?

/Erik