[Live-devel] When streaming RTP over TCP, Live555 Proxy Server sometimes does not reconnect to 'back end' device

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 3 07:17:10 PST 2017

Erik,

I’m behind on my emails, and haven’t had a chance to review yours in detail yet.  Hopefully within a week or two...  (Also, this is low priority, because it doesn’t bring in any revenue for my company.)

I did notice the following, however:
> It seems the 2nd issue was already corrected by the change in
> RTSPClient.cpp introduced in the 2016.11.28 version of live555.

Why on Earth are you wasting your time diagnosing problems in old versions of the code (which you know that we don’t support)?!

Please everybody - if you suspect a problem with the code, the *very first* thing you should do is make sure you have the most up-to-date version.