[Live-devel] RTSP USB Webcam Stream Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Jan 7 22:38:54 PST 2017

> I am trying to live usb webcam RTSP streaming on ubuntu. I have downloaded LIVE555 and installed. Also, I changed the testH264VideoStreamer.cpp and DeviceSource.cpp as per the instructions given in the following link.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27279161/using-live555-to-stream-live-video-from-an-ip-camera-connected-to-an-h264-encode

Oh please.  Rather than wasting time on 3rd party web sites like ‘Stack Overflow’ (which no top-tier person bothers posting to), you should check directly with the source of the software - i.e., with the FAQ  on our web site.

> But Even after changing the files I am unable to get the code to work for USB webcam straming.
>
> Is their any other place where we can change the code? If possible please provide a code so that straming will work.

Note that the “testH264VideoStreamer” demo application streams via IP multicast - which means that it probably won’t go beyond the local LAN.  Instead, you should consider streaming via unicast, using our “testOnDemandRTSPServer” demo application.

Specifically, note this FAQ entry:
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast