[Live-devel] Setting BasicUDPSource in RTSPClient code to automatically request UDP.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 9 07:43:54 PST 2017

> I was struggling to find out where to change in RTSPclient code to use BasicUDPSource. So kindly help me by answering below question.
> Where to use BasicUDPSource in RTSP client (using our “RTSPClient” code), so that it will automatically request a Transport Stream-over-raw-UDP stream ?

You should never need to change any of our code to get this.  If the stream’s SDP description (supplied by the RTSP server, in response to the client’s RTSP “DESCRIBE” command) specifies that the stream is ‘Transport Stream over raw-UDP’, then our code will automatically do the right thing to receive it.

What happens when you run “openRTSP” (see <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/>) to try to receive your RTSP stream?