[Live-devel] how to make latency as low as possible

xliu at vscenevideo.com xliu at vscenevideo.com
Wed Jan 11 03:53:13 PST 2017

hi there,

I'm using live555 as our RTSP server on a live camera, which capture and encode video into H.264 stream. Everything works fine, except that the latency is a bit high. I tried different players, including VLC, ffplay, mplayer. The lowest latency is when I set -nocache to mplayer, but still it's over 1 second.

How should I lower the latency? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Btw, my camera's dim is 2048x1520, frame rate is 25fps, bit rate is 8Mbps, encoder is H.264 without B-frame.

Thanks,
Xin

Xin Liu
VsceneVideo Co. Ltd.