[Live-devel] anyone using nf_conntrack_rtsp and nf_nat_rtsp successfully?

Virginia Hamm liverwurst at owal.io
Fri Jan 27 09:09:24 PST 2017

What are the options? How are they invoked in an iptables rule? A cursory
search does not reveal any working examples, and, of course, there is no
man page (why should there be!) nor examples in the source code.

In order to avoid a proxy talking to another proxy, I need to use DNAT to
reach a camera in the weird network configuration a customer has, but it's
not working properly with udp transport, and the camera (a hikvision) has a
buggy rtp-over-tcp implementation, or at least that's what live555proxy
complains about.

My proxy is running on a machine on amazon, which has a tunnel to a linux
box I control at the customer site, which needs to reach a camera on a
different subnet at the customer site. My current workaround is to run a
proxy on my linux box at the customer site, proxying that camera, and
connect to *that* proxy from my original proxy in the cloud.

PLEASE do not offer workarounds. I am perfectly capable of coming up with
my own. Please only respond if you can help with the subject of this
question!

Thanks,

\/-/