[Live-devel] Multiple client streams is not properly working

PYKA Martin (MORPHO) martin.pyka at morpho.com
Fri Jul 14 02:32:45 PDT 2017

Hello,

I want to use live555ProxyServer for retrieving one back-end RTSP stream and sending it to multiple RTSP clients. When I have only one client (e.g. VLC), it is working fine, but when I attach a second client to the proxy-stream,

Problem 1: I can't see the second stream (e.g. in a second VLC instance on a different PC, although the timer in VLC is counting upwards) Problem 2: on the first client the frame rate and image quality breaks down

Setup:

I am using this version
#define LIVEMEDIA_LIBRARY_VERSION_STRING        "2017.06.04"
#define LIVEMEDIA_LIBRARY_VERSION_INT           1496534400

in proxyServer/live555ProxyServer.cpp I set in line 61

  OutPacketBuffer::maxSize = 200000; // bytes

because I receive frames which are above 100000 (and  I cannot change this, however, the problem I described above also occured under the default setting of 100000).

I started the live555ProxyServer with this command

live555ProxyServer -V rtsp://root:root@192.168.5.245:554/axis-media/media.amp

then I

1.       started a VLC client

2.       after a few seconds started a second VLC client and could immediately observe the problem

3.       stopped the second VLC client, the first VLC client showed a fluent picture again

4.       stopped the first VLC client

Attached are the logs generated by live555ProxyServer (IPs and credentials were replaced).

Does somebody have an idea, how I can resolve this problem or what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help
Martin

#
" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system."
#