[Live-devel] Multiple client streams is not properly working

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 14 03:05:45 PDT 2017

Problems like this are almost always caused by you approaching the capacity of your network (which is usually a lot less than the nominal bit rate of your network adaptor(s)).  Note that if you are running the proxy server on a network with one back-end stream and two front-end streams, that means that the stream is being carried over your network 3 times.

Note also that because you have such large I-frames, you are very vulnerable to network packet loss.  I suggest reconfiguring your ‘back-end’ stream so that it generates a sequence of ‘slice’ H.264 NAL units for each I-frame, rather than a single (extremely large) NAL unit for each I-frame.  This is something that I have commented on numerous times; see, for example:
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2011-December/014190.html
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2012-August/015615.html
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2013-May/016994.html
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2014-June/018426.html