[Live-devel] RTSP getsockname() error Ubuntu 14.04

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon May 1 21:54:41 PDT 2017

> Unable to create receiver for "video/H264" subsession: getsockname() error: Bad file descriptor
> I tried the same compilation procedure in my PC and there it works, so I don't know what is wrong.

Neither do I, unfortunately.  Your receiving system seems to be having trouble creating ephemeral port number(s) (to receive the RTP and/or RTCP stream).  But I don’t know why this would happen.

First, I’d make sure that you’re using an up-to-date version of the Ubuntu (Linux) kernel.

Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is to try specifying a receiving port number ‘by hand’, rather than having “openRTSP” choose ephemeral port number(s).  To do this, add the
	-p <startingPortNumber>
option to “openRTSP”, e.g.,
	openRTSP -p 6666 rtsp://url