[Live-devel] Proxy H264 and PCMA Over TCP Always Failed

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon May 15 03:21:26 PDT 2017

>       When using live555 proxy server to relay backend camera's both video and audio channels, RTPInterface.cpp  always complain send data over tcp failed.
>       My Camera's Video is encoded with H264, Audio is 711-Alaw.
>       Camera<========TCP==========>live555ProxyServer<==========TCP=======>VLC
>       When changed  audio codec from 711-alaw to 711-ulaw or MP2L2 or other Codec, everything is OK.

This is surprising, because the “LIVE555 Proxy Server” should be treating a-law audio exactly the same way that it treats u-law audio.

I suspect that there may be a problem in the way that your camera handles streaming of a-law audio.

Have you tried connecting to the camera directly from VLC, or using “openRTSP” - i.e.
	Camera<========TCP==========>VLC
or
	Camera<========TCP==========>openRTSP (with the “-t” option)
?

Do you have an a-law audio WAV file (generated from your camera) that I could use for testing?