[Live-devel] Jumps in presentationTime values

Roland Aigner Roland.Aigner at aec.at
Wed May 17 05:58:21 PDT 2017

I see, thanks for the quick reply.

The reason I was doing this is the comment in the following line in DeviceSource.cpp:

gettimeofday(&fPresentationTime, NULL); // If you have a more accurate time - e.g., from an encoder - then use that instead.

With respect to that comment: what is the recommended way of doing this? Use gettimeofday to get the timestamp for the frame, feed them into the encoder and use the associated output timestamps of the respective NAL units for sending them? Would that be the way it is intended to be used? That's what I'm doing now, and it *seems* to do it's job. However, I still have the issue with the broken I-frames at the very beginning (see other thread), so I'm suspicious of every little detail...

Thanks,
Roland