[Live-devel] Jumps in presentationTime values

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 16 12:34:43 PDT 2017

> I’m failing to understand how the presentation time in live555 is to be used. I’m sending PTs, as generated by my HEVC encoder, which start at 0:0

That’s your problem.  When streaming data using our RTSP server implementation, presentation times (i.e., the “fPresentationTime” member variable) need to be aligned with ‘wall clock’ time - i.e., the time that you’d get by calling “gettimeofday()”.

(The reason for this is our RTCP implementation uses “gettimeofday()” when generating its RTCP “SR” (“Sender Report”) packets.)