[Live-devel] A problem with Live555RtspProxy

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 24 08:48:36 PDT 2017

> I am using the latest version of Live555RtspProxy server with multiple cameras as inputs. However I noticed a significant problem is persistent with it and I just want to report it to you.
>
> After it runs for a while, the rtsp request for some cameras works and for others is dead unless the live555RtspProxy server is relaunched.

I’m not going to be able to help you with this unless you tell me (a lot) more about what’s going wrong.  Specifically, what RTSP requests fail, and how?  Why didn’t you run the proxy server with the “-V” flag, as I explain clearly (and in bold type) on our web page: http://live555.com/proxyServer/ ?

And I don’t understand why you’re talking about “ffmpeg”, because our software doesn’t use “ffmpeg” at all.