[Live-devel] Live555 send packets over TCP issue on Windows

Nikitin, Alexey alnikit at mera.ru
Thu May 25 05:19:21 PDT 2017

Hi,

I develop cross platform (Windows and macOS) screen sharing application and using live555 libraries for streaming. I faced with the next issue on Windows platform:

When screen capture resolution is quite low (320x240) the frame packets sent without issues and I observe low res but stable picture on client. But when I increase capture resolution liveMedia begin to get failures in RTPInterface::sendDataOverTCP() method with envir().getErrno() == EAGAIN error code. So I got huge packet loss and garbled image with many artifacts on client side.

On macOS platform the above issue is not observed on any resolutions in the same network. As I already mentioned I use the absolutely same CPP code to work with live555 library and same live555 latest sources on both platforms.

On Windows platform my project requires VS2013 and .NET support, so I compile live555 from make files using VS2013 command line and attached win32.config.

In previous version of project for VS2010 and without .NET the issue is not observed. It uses old version of live555 (2014.05.27) compiled on VS2010 with /MT flag. I use VS2013 with /MD(required for .NET). May be I should use some additional compile/linker flags or config settings to correctly build live555 on Windows?

Could you please help?

Best regards,
Alexey Nikitin