[Live-devel] The problem of 4G communication of Live555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 31 06:50:46 PDT 2017

> 1. When i've builded my media server in my server(OS:Windows server 2012R RAM:1M Network Bandwidth:1M), my client(PC,OS: Windows 10, wired network, Network Bandwidth:1M)  can work well. but my phone(iPhone 6, 4G) can't work(when i use wifi , it can work). Then i test by using VLC, my phone can't work too. I write my application by using RTSP protocol.

Your problem is probably either:
1/ Your server is not accessible from the 4G network (perhaps because it uses a ‘private’ IP address), or
2/ Your server can be accessed from the 4G network, but there is a firewall somewhere that is blocking UDP packets.

In case 2/, you *may* be able to access your server from the 4G network, using RTP/RTCP-over-TCP streaming.  You can test this using our “openRTSP” client application; see
	http://www.live555.com/openRTSP
with the “-t” command-line option.