[Live-devel] live555 webrtc demo capabilities

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 8 09:31:15 PST 2017

Note that the LIVE555 RTSP->WebRTC proxying demo is currently offline (it’s being updated to handle a recent change in the ‘ffmpeg’ API).

> 1. Does it support audio?

Not yet -  though this is planned for the future.

> 2. Since the streams will be transcoded, how expensiv is the procedure (in terms of CPU power and bandwith)?

In general it’s impossible to answer questions like this, because it depends on so many factors.

> 3. Where do I get the demo code?

We haven’t decided yet which parts of our WebRTC support will be released as ‘open source’, and when.